Motivate

Motivate

Friday, July 25, 2014

Day 6- 21 Day Fix *An Honest Review*

Ok day 6, it's becoming more automatic. I don't miss the cheese as much as I thought I would, but avocados... that's a whole other story. Sweets too, that's a hard one. Some friends recommended date roles, which are in fact pretty tasty and can satisfy a sweet tooth. Finding out they were considered a yellow (carb) was pretty disappointing, I was so hoping they were a fruit since my goal is only two yellows a day.

I increased my calories a bit and I am feeling much better. I think that is something important to note with this diet, because you are eating within a bracket it is entirely possible that you are eating towards the low end of your goal. If this is the case you may feel tired, weak, faint etc. Be careful with your body. This "diet" is designed to have you eating at a deficit and then working out creating an even greater deficit. For those of us in the lowest bracket 1200-1499 calories it is very easy to net less than 1,000 calories a day after a workout. That is not healthy! Be careful and if you feel hungry or tired or run down you need to add a red (protein)  and some greens. I use myfitness pal in conjunction with this plan and so I am tracking my caloires. I do this mostly because I have been doing so for over a year now and it's a habit. But I am so glad I was because it very clearly showed me I was not eating enough.  The last thing you want to do is hurt your body or starve yourself.

The whole idea of this program is to help you understand portions, understand how much of each kind of food you should be eating, and to shock your body into making fast changes. I think the premise of the program is awesome and helpful for people struggling with weight loss. I also think there should be some careful considerations. The plan promises up to 15lbs in 21 days. Any nutritionist will tell you that is not really a healthy amount to lose in such a short amount of time. You should technically not lose more than 10lbs a month.

With that in mind if you start to feel terrible on ANY diet plan take a careful look at your calories. Don't try to take short cuts, this is meant to help you make a lifestyle change. It needs to be sustainable or you will gain it all right back. Healthy changes, that's what you are striving for.

I have learned a lot about what my body needs vs. what my brain wants. I have learned that I am capable of more than I realized. I feel good. I feel healthy. I don't feel bogged down by fatty crappy foods. I feel thin, I don't ever feel bloated and gross. I enjoy the challenge. Truthfully I do whine a lot, but I stick to it. Sometimes we all need to push our limits and push through the "pain."

After a lifetime of making terrible food choices it is difficult to make such drastic changes, and not just in the way you eat but the way you think. I feel some days like I miss donuts, I mean geez it's a food! How can I "miss" a food? Training your mind to think of food as fuel for a healthy body is a challenge.  Training your mind not to think of food as a reward or a celebration or a way to be happy is HARD. That's why we do this 21 day fix. To push our limits, to retrain our brain.

My coach asked today to give 3 feeling words to describe why we are doing this... my words? To feel sexy, confident in anything and strong. I want to add one more, proud. I want to be proud of myself. What are your words?


No comments:

Post a Comment