Motivate

Motivate

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pick up the weights!!

I think most of my life I have been very misinformed, or simply uneducated about the actual process of attaining my dream body, and who wouldn't be? There is so much information out there, and it's all so confusing. Many things contradict themselves; one piece of advice will say women shouldn't lift heavy weights because they will bulk up, another says women should lift heavy weights and no you will no bulk up. The next piece says cut calories to lose weight, and then yet another says don't cut calories that's bad for you.

As a teenager I was very successful at losing weight by starving. It was stupid, and uniformed, but I was desperate and it worked. Except that I was skinny fat. I wasn't toned or sleek, I was thin and gooey. At the time I thought that was what I was supposed to be. I was still unhappy with myself because I was gooey which made me think I was still fat. But I had no idea how to achieve the actual body I was trying to emulate.


These bodies come from starving... it's not pretty. 



This body however...

doesn't come from starving. I mean it's possible that she eats less than she should, but in all actuality these kinds of results don't come from starving. 



These bodies come from working out, from lifting weights. Not just little 5 lbs dumbbells, but real actual heavy weights. These bodies come from building muscles. These bodies require pushing yourself and being strong. It's deceptive because these bodies are not what we imagine when we lift weights. These are... 


Now I am sure there is a fine line where you cross over because obviously we have body builders who are women who are insanely ripped. But trust me when I say adding a weight lifting regimen into your workout is NOT going to yield those kinds of results. It will yield this kind.... 


This is what I want. This is my dream body. I spent last year doing an insane amount of cardio and burned a lot of fat (30 lbs). But I am ready to transform my body. So starting today I am switching up my routine. I am going to give it 30 days and see what changes  can make cutting my cardio down and ramping up the weight sessions. 

Today's workout: Following recent advice I did weights first and cardio after. 

4x 60lbs leg extensions x 12
3x 20lbsx 12 bicep curls
2 x 20lbsx 15 squats
2 x 15 tricep dip
3 x 60lbs x 12 pull downs
3 x 5 x 10 tricep pull downs
3 x 10lbs x tricep push backs
3 x 15 x 12.5lbs tricep pull UPS
3 x 15 x 12.5lbs chest press
10 x 3 pushups

Abs-
2 x 12 reverse crunch
2 x 12 double leg lifts
2 x 15 dig and drags
1 x 15 1-2-3 pulse
2 x 30 bicycles
2 x 40 butterfly's

20 minutes cardio bike level 10



No comments:

Post a Comment