Motivate

Motivate

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Refocusing

I'm not giving up so much as I'm relenting... I am accepting the fact that I have hit the plateau of the century and I need to refocus my attention away from the weight loss and onto the fitness. I haven't seen any weight loss in weeks, but there are few things I  I think are just as important, if not more so.

Within the last month I started trail running. I knew my workouts were getting a little stale so I decided to mix it up, but I love running so much I had to find a way to mix that up. I started with the trail next to our house, it's a pretty steep climb to the summit, about a mile up with switchback, a small narrow trail, and lots of rocks. I had seen people run it before and I always thought they were crazy. I ran to the top with just a few slow downs in between. It was a great moment when I reached the top. I loved the challenge so much I did 5 more times. Now I am addicted to trail running. I can feel it really working my muscles and pushing my body.

I ran a 5k with husband. This wasn't a big push for me really, just a fun way to get in my daily run. I enjoyed it so much I decided I need to push myself a little, and I signed up for my first 10k in two weeks! I am so excited to cross this off my bucket list.

I also started running intervals on the treadmill. The interval running is definitely a challenge. I typically run a 10 min mile or 6mph. In interval running  get up to 8mph. By my 4th set I am tired and feel like I really accomplished something.

So instead of beating myself up for not losing pounds, I am going to focus on my accomplishments and keep up my fit active lifestyle. I keep forgetting I didn't just start this journey to lose weight. I also started to be fit, to be healthy, to be active, and to be a good example to my kids. I have done all of those things. Even if the weight loss does not continue the other things will, and that really is worth the most in the end.



2 comments:

  1. Courtney, you have lost so much weight and so fast too. That is a crazy cool accomplishment. You're an amazing women and an inspiration to me. Just try to relax and enjoy this journey you're on. The weight will come off in time.

    What day is your race? I want to come cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. October 26th! Maybe you should run it too!

    ReplyDelete