Motivate

Motivate

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Stuck in the "comfort zone"

I have been losing weight, and although I have lost inches in my stomach, it feels like I haven't seen much improvement there for weeks. I am not seeing the tape measure move at all. My husband says its time to start to doing ab work... I don't know why I am so resistant. For some reason the idea of doing any kind of ab work just sounds so unpleasant to me. I Pin new ideas all the time for "flat abs" but I rarely ever try them.

Honestly all strength work is hard for me. I have gotten into a nice routine of intense cardio, and I don't like the weights anymore. They look so cumbersome and bla over in the corner. But I know that strength training is essential for weight loss and body sculpting.

Sadly my strength training has diminished from 3 days a week, to one. Today I am determined to work on my abs. I have been scouring my Pin boards this morning for something new to do. I found this link back to Shape Magazine with 10 moves for flat stomach. So after my run, I will be doing this routine. http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/10-moves-flat-stomach/page/4

Friends keep telling me to join classes with them, and it's probably not a bad idea. I just have to find the time now. Truthfully, I am a little intimidated by the classes. I had a trainer before... I was sore all the time. He really pushed me and that freaks me out! I worry the classes will kick my ass. Which is what they are supposed to do. But like I said I have gotten comfortable.. too comfortable.

I think it's time to step out of my comfort zone and start really pushing myself again. Why does that sound so unappealing?




No comments:

Post a Comment