Motivate

Motivate

Friday, August 16, 2013

20 down... 30 to go.

So I met my first goal, to lose 20 lbs by the time we went to Georgia. Now I feel my motivation slipping, so it's time to rev up my motivation with goal two, lose 30 lbs by thanksgiving. I plan to eat enough chocolate pie for 10 people :) so I have to drop that weight before then. I don't want any guilt going into the food holiday of the year. I just want to enjoy the holiday with my family and feel fabulous at the same time.

I signed up a few months ago for the Venus de Miles race in September, which means I actually have to keep up my training to be ready, and I have to get my butt back into biking! I have become such a lover of running I have totally forgotten my poor bike, and the fact that I signed up to ride 28 miles in a few months!

So the plan for tomorrow is to hop back on my bike and ride, 14 miles. Weekdays will be for running weights, and stationary bike, and weekends will be for cycling.

I think this last 30lbs will be a bit harder to lose the the first 20. I start school next week, 4 classes, plus an internship. My schedule is going to be packed. Plus the lighter you get, and the more fit you are, the less calories you burn working out.  My 3.25 mile runs used to burn around 499 calories, now I burn closer to 320 for 3.25 miles. Which  means either running longer, or running faster to ramp up the calorie burn.

Alright, so 20lbs down, and 30 to go.... ready, set go!


No comments:

Post a Comment