Motivate

Motivate

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Foods you will ALWAYS find in my house

A few items that are always in my arsenal...

Lowfat Vanilla Greek Yogurt- I use this for everything! It's a great guilt free treat and it's an awesome baking alternative to oil or butter, and can be used to make overnight oats. Love it!

Egg Whites- I keep these on hand in case I want to bulk up my breakfast without adding too many additional calories. I always opt for whole eggs, but might add in few egg white as well. Again, great sub for baking.

Unsweetened Almond Milk- This is a very low cal option, that feels like a creamier step above water. I use this in my protein shakes, and again for baking and overnight oats!

Avocado- I literally buy like 8 of these each time we go to the store. I use it in place of mayonnaise, and salad dressings.

Tuna- This is a protein packed super food low in calories. We buy several mini cans every week. I usually eat at least 2 servings of tuna each week.

La Croix, sparkling water- I love these because I feel like I'm getting a fizzy drink treat but zero calories and zero guilt. No sugar, no weird stuff, just yummy sparkly water.

Dave's Killer Bread (small loaf)- This bread is packed with grains and delicious. I have it most morning's with my breakfast. One slice is just 70 calories.

Protein Powder- I always have chocolate and vanilla protein powder on hand at my house. I use it in baking, and in treats. I am a big protein advocate so I pack it into anything I can!

Apples- I eat an apple almost every day. It's a great sweet treat when I start to feel hungry. I grab an apple and then think about what my body really needs instead of opting for crappy food.

PB2- I love peanut butter, and this dry mix is awesome because it's like 1/4 of the calories of the already made stuff and you can put it in everything!


No comments:

Post a Comment