Motivate

Motivate

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Weekend Food Prep You will Learn to LOVE it!

As I said in my last video the key to weight loss, and healthy eating is preparation. Every weekend we go shopping but before we head out I make a menu. I plan out dinners for the whole week, as well as lunches. This helps me to make a list. This weeks menu

Salad for lunches (with shrimp, chicken, beef)
Salmon with Aasparagus
Chicken Stir Fry with Cauliflower Rice
Spaghetti Squash with homemade sauce and meatballs
Naked Turkey Burgers with Cauliflower
Grilled Chicken with Broccoli
Burgers with Terra Chips

We go to Sams and buy produce and sometimes meat in bulk. This is what the cart looked like this week.





We also make a trip to King Soopers for things Sams doesn't carry. Overall we spend about $160 per week in groceries. What made us super excited was that switching to more produce didn't raise our bill at all.

When I get home I start prep. I get out all the produce and start chopping. I put everything into bags all measured out. ( I bought a pack of 6 peppers from Sams two weeks ago, these are the two we had left).






We get several servings of meat from one bag  so we put some of it in the freezer. I am not someone who worries about GMO's and I don't care about all organic or grass fed. This is a personal choice, but you can always buy organic free range meat and cook it and then measure and package. It's up to you. I buy precooked meats  a lot because it makes my life easier, with work and kids I need a little easy. two weeks ago I bought a precooked brisket from Sams, it made 19 servings and we still have some in the freezer to take to work.


The red container is from 21 Day Fix. It is a 1/2 cup. 




I will usually boil a carton of eggs as well to have boiled eggs all week as an option.

This preparation means I don't buy things I don't need at the store. It also means I can quickly grab foods that are good for me to make for lunch or snack. I am not tempted to grab a granola bar because I have healthy choices readily available. If you are committed to changing your life, you need to become committed to a little prep time. It will make you life  so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment