Motivate

Motivate

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Wrap it in lettuce!

When I started trying to lose weight I tried the Paleo diet. A friend of mine loved it and had such great success I figured it would be perfect for me! I tried for like 3 weeks and gave up. I needed my carbs. However the diet did give me a few habits that have stuck, one of those being ditching the bun. I cut out carbs where I can, not because I think they are evil or because I am gluten free, but simply because they are loaded with extra calories I don't need. It is amazing how many calories you can cut by getting rid of a bun, a taco shell, bread etc. I serve all hamburgers in our home bunless. I got a little resistance from the kids at first but they are used to it now. Last night I wrapped them in lettuce to give the kids a "bun" and it worked pretty well.

A few weeks back I tested out Lettuce Tacos on my kids and they loved them! I was so shocked, but they totally eat them every time. No more corn shells at this house!
And you can make a totally amazing sandwich without bread. The average piece of bread is between 80-110 calories sometimes more. two pieces and you already have 200 calories in you lunch and it's just useless carbs, sugar that will make you feel moody and crash. ( I love bread despite these qualities, I still eat it, I just eat WAY less of it.)
So wrap your sandwich in lettuce. 0 calories and you snuck in a veggie :)




*Another tip, dressings and mayo add more unnecessary calories. Try switching them out for avocado. Healthy fat and helps make the burger/sandwich less dry. *

No comments:

Post a Comment