Motivate

Motivate

Friday, January 17, 2014

This is Hard.

I'm not gonna lie, for someone who is addicted to the scale this whole idea of ignoring the scale is next to impossible. When gaining muscle I know you are supposed to focus more on the changes you see in your body, the inches not the number, but that is super hard! I keep trying to remind myself this is a process, it takes time. Getting this body takes time commitment and patience. I have to give it a chance. Progress with weight is so often measured by the number on the scale that it is such a struggle to reshape the way you think, and the way you measure success. When I started losing back in June I saw progress on the scale within the first week, I dropped like 3 pounds, and it just dropped faster from there. I knew I was doing things right, I knew it working. This kind of transformation is not like that. This is not about dropping pounds, it is about toning up. The scale might as well be tossed out the window. But then how the heck will I know if I am making progress??

My biggest fear is that I am doing something wrong and I will waste 30 days doing the wrong thing. This is hard, it's not easy to eat this way and to count and to stick to a routine. So the idea of doing it and sticking to it for 30 days only to see no progress is terrifying. I have to remind myself I am following a plan that was laid out by fitness experts. This can work if I time it a chance.

Last night I stumbled upon this on Pinterest


This is what I needed to see. The number on her scale did not budge, but her body sure changed. She looks great! She looks fit! And she isn't a single pound lighter, but I bet she wears pants at least 2-3 sizes smaller.

So deep breathes, let it go, relax, and give it time. This will work.




No comments:

Post a Comment