Motivate

Motivate

Friday, December 13, 2013

Sledding down a fudge hill



The holidays can kiss me fat ass. And they should have no trouble finding it because seriously it's not getting any smaller. I love Christmas, it is my very favorite holiday. But unfortunately Christmas doesn't  love me back. Not the way I would like anyway. The fudge loves me, and the gingerbread, and the salted Carmel Hot Chocolate. Christmas is a sweets lovers worst nightmare. Especially when you are attempting not to gain weight. As I slide each piece of fudge in my mouth I mentally shame myself and add 20 more minutes to my workout. In the moment it's totally worth it, but later I feel guilt. Gooey chocolate induced guilt. I promised myself I would not gain over the holidays, so far I have lost and gained the same 4 lbs over and over. I am determined not to breech 170. I want to start 2014 where I left off, and pick up my weight loss January 1. It's a modest doable goal, any time of the year except now.Now it's like climbing Everest, if Everest was a giant pile of cookies, and other holiday goodies. I took the time to calculate out the calories in one batch of my home made fudge... over 6,000 calories... holy freaking cow! I broke that batch up into 48 pieces, but if you eat 24 of those pieces in one week... hello 3 lbs I though I lost! How lovely to see you again resting on my gut.

Ugh, self control where the hell did you go? You can't just vacation over Christmas! need you!

No comments:

Post a Comment