Motivate

Motivate

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Making it fun again

This morning a friend invited me out for an early morning walk/trail run. It was a few minutes of walking followed by 1 minute of running. It was wonderful. I love to run, and I can get pretty uptight and rigid about my routine, but it was so nice to just be out in the fresh air and sunshine and get to chat with a friend. Two birds with one stone! I love that kind of thing.

I have also spent the last two evenings going on long walks with my husband, which I also love. It gives us time to talk and reconnect. It's one of my favorite things that we do. And we haven't done it in forever.

All of this got me thinking about how maybe I have become just a tad too uptight with my routine, and I need to start mixing it up again. Adding other activities in. I have become very set on my gym routine and forgotten there is whole world outside. I live in a great area with trails, and paths for hiking, and tons of opportunities to get outside and have fun while also burning calories. I need my work outs to fun again and not strictly functional. If you are getting bored or feel like you aren't seeing results, don't forget to try new things, mix it up and make it fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment