Motivate

Motivate

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

PMS, killing good diet intention everywhere

The title really says it all. When I start to get close to that dreaded time of the month the whole eating healthy and working out thing gets really hard, and sounds less and less appealing. I mostly feel like this

I get tired, and grumpy. I get crabby, and emotional. I want to eat nachos, and french fries, and nachos.

I have worked very hard to stay on track for 5 weeks, but the last two days I was over my calories allowance by like 400 calories each day. And I'm having trouble not totally beating myself up for it. 

It sucks, because every two weeks I will have this really dramatic weight  loss, like 3 lbs in a week. I know it's too good to be true and I assume it's some mystery pound that will certainly be back by morning. This week I lost 4 lbs in a week. I was super excited! I also realized it was probably a fluke and at least one of this lbs would come creeping back. I weighed the next morning, still the same! 

But the last two day I over did it. I certainly didn't eat enough to actually gain an entire pound back, and I did work out both days, but somehow that stupid pound is back and I m so frustrated. 

What's up with the weight seeming to spring back up over night even if we only over indulge a tiny bit. 

So I don't have any miracle answer for how to stave off cravings during PMS. I just have to try even harder and keep reminding myself why I am doing this. Keep trudging along. 

Some days I'm super enthusiastic about the whole process, about the weight loss, the progress, the diet, feeling good. But then sometimes it really is hard, and feels exhausting and I lose my enthusiasm.

So today I'm trying to get back on track and let go of yesterday. I don't want my frustration about failing to cause me to continue to fail. I want it to fuel my desire to kick that pound off again. Maybe I can channel my PMS attitude into a killer workout this morning :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment