Motivate

Motivate

Friday, July 19, 2013

How I eat: Lunch



I feel like just explaining the calorie intake isn't super helpful because it's not just about the calories, it's also about the kinds of food you eat, and I think we all get a little stuck on what we should be eating to lose weight. So I am going to share my menu. Starting with lunches.

Lunches look like this:

Option 1

Thomas Whole Wheat Bagel Thin
1/3 less fat Cream Cheese 1 TBS
1/4 cut and peeled cumber
2 oz Hillshire Farms Smoked Turkey Breast

I love this sandwich. Its delicious! I add blueberries or strawberries as a side, or baby carrots.


Option 2 (this is my staple, I tend to eat this most days. I like the veggies and light lunch)

Mini Thomas Whole Wheat Bagel
1/4 a bell pepper
1/2 peeled cut cucumber
6 cherry tomatoes
6-8 baby carrots
2 TBS of Kraft light Ranch dressing or 2 TBS of Athenos Hummus
1/2 cup of diced cubed ham (Kroger brand) Or 2 oz Hillshire Farms Smoked Turkey Breast

Option 3

Two Carb Balance Mission Tortillas
1/2 an Avocado
1/4 cut peeled cucumber
3 oz Hillshire Farms Smoked Turkey Breast

add cantaloupe or strawberries as a side

Option 4

One Blue Corn and Flax Artisan Mission Tortilla
2 oz of Turkey Breast
TBS of 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese or 1/4 cup Fat Free Kraft Shredded Cheese

add strawberries or blue berries or maybe an apple

Remember it might be a little boring, but food is fuel. It's not about fun. It's not your best friend or your therapist. You are fueling your body and trying to stay healthy. I tend to eat the same thing all the time and mix in the other options when I get bored, or my body says we need something new. I try hard to listen to my body and cravings. Your body really does know what it needs.

**Also I know lots of people like organic, so you will need to adjust these options to fit your lifestyle, and count calories accordingly.**




No comments:

Post a Comment